Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Makeover

When I was swimming at the Y, I noticed that a couple of the swimmers had nice pull-buoys. Unlike the Y ones, they weren't covered in mildew. I briefly contemplated buying one myself, but then decided against it because that would be just one more thing I would have to bring with me not to mention if I forgot to take it out of my swim bag it would eventually look like the ones at the Y. However, as I was getting out of the pool, I noticed a big pile of brand-new pull-buoys on the deck. Next to them was a pile of brand-new kickboards. I went up to the lifeguard and jokingly asked him if the pool had gotten a makeover. I swear I'm not making up his response. He said excitedly, "Yes, the pool did get a makeover! We got new light bulbs!" I burst out laughing as I pictured myself telling everyone that my kitchen had just gotten a makeover since I recently changed the light bulbs. The lifeguard looked at me like I was crazy, apparently the new light bulbs sucked out his sense of humor, and then told me that they had also gotten new pull-buoys, kickboards, and a brand-new lifeguard chair for the other side of the pool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now all they need are new lifeguards (or at least some refurbished clue for the existing lifeguards).
-J

SUEB0B said...

Yeah, YOU try changing the lightbulbs at the pool! All the water runs out AND you get electrocuted and it SUCKS! LOL

Alex Elliot said...

I should have clarified: the light bulbs were in the ceiling not the pool.