Friday, January 5, 2007

Do Not Try This at Your Gym

I like to watch TV while I do cardio. Generally, the best programs to watch while exercising my cardio vascular system involve mindless, but highly entertaining crap, such as MTV or VH1 shows (NOT Flavor of Love) or even better, Wheel of Fortune. I also love watching Jeopardy!, although it does not fall into the category of mindless crap.

Anyway, last night I was jogging on a treadmill. Two other rows of cardio equipment stood between me and the TV. I was reading the closed caption of the TV instead of plugging into the sound system because I also wanted to listen to Led Zepplin on my iPod while I ran. Unfortunately, a tall guy (OK, that's almost everyone compared to me) was in the treadmill in front of me, and his head slightly blocked the screen. This meant that I had to veer to my left to see the words. Yes, you know what is coming next.

As I moved further and further to the left side of my treadmill so that I could read the Final Jeopardy question, I wound up with only one foot securely on it and the other not really on it. Then I was sucked back and nearly fell off the thing. It was scary. I think it got my heart pumping more than my jog, actually.

The guy next to me gave me a dirty look, although that might be because I also had bad gas. It's hard to tell why people are glaring at you when Led Zepplin is pounding your ear drums.

(From Suzanne - it is not allowing me to post anything under my own moniker, which is really fucking annoying.)

3 comments:

super des said...

Ha ha ha! That's funny. And also why I avoid treadmills, even though (like I keep saying) the cardio equipment at MY gym each has its own built in tv. Precisely to avoid this.

pharmgirl said...

Ohhhh...bad gas at the gym. I HATE it when that happens!

Kristen King, Inkthinker said...

I have GOT to stop drinking while reading blogs. I'd been giggling through the whole post, but I nearly spit my ginger ale all over the screen when I got to the line about bad gas. :]

Kristen
www.LivelyWomen.com