Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Depressing Gym Bunny Wannabe

I've belonged to my gym for about 4 years now, and for a while there was this woman there who hit on almost every guy who came through the doors. It was both depressing and weirdly gleeful to watch. She would skulk around the weight equipment and then ask all these guys to help her out. The depressing part was that she was sort of gross. Most women who do that (and the ones who get away with it) are super tiny and botox their sweat glands or something which results in them never, ever sweating. This woman was always glistening with sweat and tying her shirt up to show her abs, which were not very impressive. Surprisingly, the guys were generally nice enough to get her set up with the weights, but also got away as quickly as possible. I always teased my husband, asking him if she ever hit on him. He always looked mortified when I did. Everyone definitely knew her. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen her in eons. I wonder if she moved on to victimize another gym.

1 comment:

super des said...

Maybe the fact that she was sweating shhows that she was really trying. Or she had a glandular problem.